Saturday, March 14, 2009

Seal My Heart (February 15, 2009)

In this day of ever changing family dynamics, one thing stands out in my relationship with my wife and Heavenly Father as a Latter Day Saint. An opportunity to seal my heart to them. This is not shared! It is a conscious choice of mine . My wife could decline and decide that she no longer wants it, but on my part it would still be there. This sealing power of commitment through covenants and the priesthood is offered by my wife at marriage and my Heavenly Father from the beginning of my existence. All I have to do is continue to strive to do what is right by keeping all of the commandments and becoming a covenant person. By following this pattern anyone in existence can have all that our Heavenly Father has; worlds without end and eternal happiness in this life and the next. It seems awfully simplistic, but once one understands the plan of salvation the human/God dynamic of family is no longer in question. The only question is what is one's commitment level? Has the heart been sealed without guile? The soul must be united with the Father and purified by the sealing power of the Holy Ghost.

Children are the natural blessing from our Heavenly Father through this union. This is where one experiences joy and rejoicing in posterity. This is compounded exponentially as the family grows. Abraham sought the blessings of the fathers. Children are the expression of the Abrahamic covenant. As heirs of Abraham, Latter Day Saints enjoy this same blessing through righteous living in this life and eternally. I am so pleased that I have this opportunity to progress on. It will obviously take more than this lifetime to fulfill my desire, but I pray that I might continually strive for this blessing and seal my heart to you all and our Father in Heaven.

We love you all,

Mom (the G'ma) and Dad (the GPaaaaaa)

No comments:

Post a Comment