Sunday, April 5, 2009

Starting At The Beginning (April 5, 2009)


Many times I have gone back and read in my journals. I wanted to go back and change many of the things in them. Rarely have I, though upon occasion, I might correct obvious historical errors, seldom spelling or grammar. I have occasionally deleted something of no significance to me or anyone else for that matter. Reading in my journals and my memory (that often tricks or forgets) is as close as I will get to seeing my life as a whole in this earthly experience. Most of the details have long gone. I am left with a highlight real of short clips only.

I have dreamed of seeing things eternally as God does. Everything that is could be accessed all at once. I could see my birth, death, my marriage, all of things that have long been forgotten. I could see my ancestors and what there lives were about. I could see the generations of my posterity yet to be born. I wonder what I would think of the world as a whole? Would it be just a big blue marble rotating in the solar system. A mere pin point in our galaxy and almost insignificant in the universe or non-existant in other universes.

This evening I attended General Priesthood meeting. My Prophet and the Priesthood brethren did their usual wonderful job of conveying to me my responsibilities as a representative of my God. They laid out for me by way of my righteousness and Priesthood how to exercise my Priesthood in the coming months and to magnify it. They encouraged me to press forward while correcting errors in my life that could keep me from progressing. They demonstrated an eternal love for me as God can only direct. I know that they have a bigger vision than mine and are led by our God who sees things with an eternal perspective.

My God knows ALL THINGS right from the start or the beginning. If life is one eternal round then at some point, If I continue to progress, I will see the beginning from the end with NO VOIDS in memory. A complete audio-video journal with nothing left to guess work. I worry about this at times because I know what God expects out of His Priesthood holders. Then I am reminded of the love that my Priesthood leaders have shown to me and I realize there is no reason to worry. He who knows all from the beginning is in charge with a love that truly is all penetrating, all seeing, all caring and I pray that I might be one with Him. I pray that I might convey that love to all that I come in contact with just as He and my Priesthood leaders have to me.

There are no remakes in this life for me, only future opportunities to get it right. I can't go back and correct past historical events with an eraser in my journal. I can't delete or change anything. Nor would I want to. My life is as unique as anything ever was. Uniqueness, I think, is the great thing about life. Every moment is the start or the beginning of another moment in time. Maybe. for a few moments. I would like to remember everything about each of you however. You make me happy.

My wife and You are my future and God's expression of His love for me. May you all be so blessed with such a wonderful future.

Mom (the mean old G'Ma) and Dad (the G'Paaaaa)

No comments:

Post a Comment